Friday, July 11, 2008

overweight?




Really ??No, just my luggage. I'm all packed and ready to travel tomorrow to Vegas and on to Badwater. The race is Monday @ 6am for me, which is my normal time to go to work, so at least that won't be a distraction.

I want to say Thank You to so many who have made the preparation and training possible and enjoyable. It really feels as though all of OKLAHOMA is behind me and encouraging me. There are also many of my friends and family outside of Ok. that are praying and sending well wishes, and even donation gifts for the United Way. THANK YOU ! Although there will be many hours of solitude thru this adventure across the desert, I know that I'm not alone. I carry with me your words of support, and wonderful memories of times spent together. I'm also looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones. That's part of the joy of this journey. The trek is long enough to make it a meaningful exchange, so here we go.....







5 comments:

Charlie said...

Godspeed Chisholm.

Chisholm Deupree said...

Thanks Charlie.

Adi said...

Best of luck to you! You are a true inspiration as a runner and a person. Have safe travels and run well.
A

MissQOKC said...

my prayers and happy thoughts are with you.

just keep going.

:)

Susie

Anonymous said...

We're all so proud of and amazed by you at United Way. Thanks for what you're doing for our community. We'll be anxious to hear all about the race.
~Team United Way