Thursday, July 17, 2008

43:21




It's with a complete joy that I report today, but first.....


Happy Birthday Cheyenne !


....my brother and also a experienced Badwater Crew person and pacer from 1991. I guess the 2008 race is more of the same thing for the Deupree family. I'm so honored to have run with so many outstanding runners and now to have completed the revered Death Valley to Whitney course.


Thank You to my crew, Nancy , Taylor and my Choctaw cousin Chris. These three sacrificed a week and endured the same conditions as I have, except that they also had the added difficulty of putting up with me and my moodiness, introspections, and general lack of amusement. They kept me feed, chilled with ICE and cold towels, and most importantly never let me forget that the finish line was within reach and that I only need to continue to take 1 step at a time.


Thank You to Chris Kostman, Adventure Corps and the team of 53 race officials and volunteers that put on a tremendous race. The whole race was covered magnificently on the WWW with race updates, photos and features, of which I have been graciously included. Please visit http://badwater.com/ for the latest materials.


There are many stories to tell, and I promise to share them as soon as I sort thru what really happened versus what I remember happend, but until then please also accept my thanksgiving for following along here on the blog, with PRAYER and support.

stay tuned...

5 comments:

Adi said...

Congrats to you, amazing runner! I can't wait to read the rest of your report!
A

Charlie said...

The picture says it all.

The Stretch Doc said...

How awesome is that!! your picture is great!! Super Congrats!!

rockon`

Carilyn said...

Yeah! Huge congrats, Chisolm! It was wonderful to see you again. I can't wait to read your full report. Rest well.

Jamie Donaldson said...

You are GREAT Chisolm!

It was so awesome to see you out there living your dream! I am so happy for you!

Congrats!