Monday, June 30, 2008

Wisdom in one line...

As the miles have passed by this year, my brain does plenty of work to keep the legs and feet moving forward. Occasionally, I'm focused on music or talk radio, or maybe chatting along with another runner. Often I'm lost in my own thoughts, even to the point of rehashing and rehearsing "go to" thoughts that make a run better, or maybe more enjoyable, maybe even change a tired attitude. I would like to share some of the more meaningful that have "stuck with me" .

  • Run with your heart, but listen to your head -anon
  • Run on your toes - Ian T
  • Run as slow as you possibly can now, later you can pick it up - Kirk A
  • When things go bad, run heel-to-toe until they turn around - Jock Semple via Ellen M.
  • Turtle by Day, Rabbit by Night - Jack
  • Deal with It, - Jack
  • Row, Row, Row your boat gently down the stream- Gary S ( useful climbing Hope Pass )
  • When you can't run anymore, walk. When you can't walk anymore, try running -Mick J
  • Keep Smiling - Matt
  • Can't you visualize Monica? -anon
  • Don't take your eyes off of the finish line - Dad
  • You're better than you think you are, you can do more than you think you can - Ken
  • You can always quit, so WHY quit now ? Rob
  • easy does it,but do it - Bill

I know there are more, but that's enough for now. If you have some you would like to add, PLEASE do so by leaving a comment ,

stat tuned...

7 comments:

Charlie said...

excruciating pain cannot break those who are willing to die. -not sure who said this originally but its a pretty good quote to run by.

Jamie Donaldson said...

"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things."

-Joe Paterno

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Carilyn said...

Hey Chisholm! Great to hear from you! Love the quotes!

When I am running the super long races, I just keep repeating "perpetual forward motion." Not much of a quote, but it fits nicely with "Keep it simple, stupid," which I also like to use when I'm my brain is getting way ahead of my body in a race.

Matt said...

My mom always used to tell me:

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Reese said...

Nice talking to you today at John's place. I guess I'm not a voyeur anymore. Good luck at Badwater.

Kat Miller said...

My motto is "if you can't run fast, run far." I'm sure you'll be doing both!

Anonymous said...

I got a note from Matt Carpenter that sez :
" Go out hard, when it hurts, speed up "